Sunday, August 25, 2013

19 years



19 years and I am still humbled that God allows me to stand with the Body of Christ and sing His praises.  It’s a weighty thing to be called to lead God's people in praise and adoration through music.
At times I want to run off the platform because I feel so unworthy.  Today was one of those days. In my heart I was struggling, and had been for months, with trusting my Lord in certain areas of my life.   As we sang Anchor of Hope (by Ellie Holcomb) my heart rejoiced in the truth of what we were singing. God was answering a prayer even as we sang those words.  I was broken and encouraged all while singing. He was reminding me of who he is, that there is no reason to be afraid, to have worries or to fret. HE is God and I belong to HIM! That’s all I need! I am thankful for how God speaks, even through songs of praise. To God be the glory. Great things He has done!!
Take a listen to Ellie sing her song. It will bless you indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment